This ELA escape room challenge is the perfect way to engage your students during, while still teaching the standards!
Both a printable PDF version AND digital version are included. This makes it perfect for in-person, hybrid, or virtual learning.
This digital escape room uses Google Forms and Google Slides. Students drag and drop moveable pieces and type in pre-made text boxes in Google Slides for an interactive experience.
Throughout the activity, students can work independently, collaboratively with partners, or in groups to solve reading and language arts related challenges and find clues in order reverse the town’s decision to shut down the zoo.
Ideal for 4th and 5th graders, but can be adapted to be used with younger or older kids.
Featured ELA Focus & Skills (Included, But Not Limited To):
- Cause & Effect
- Figurative Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Text Evidence
- Context Clues & Vocabulary
Digital Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Form that houses the following:
- Escape Challenge Problem Prompt
- Links to 6 ELA Challenge Tasks/Puzzles on Google Slides with moveable parts
- Completion Certificate
Print Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Escape Challenge Prompt
- 6 Challenge Puzzles (Color & B/W)
- Hint Cards
- Completion Certificates (for groups or individuals)
- Answer Key
Check out the preview images to see a closer look at what’s included! 🙂
[IMPORTANT NOTE: Some districts block students from accessing links from outside users. If this is the case at your school, your students will likely receive a permissions error from Google Drive when trying to access the escape room challenges. Please check students’ settings before purchasing. If this is the case, I have a few possible trouble shooting options that may work. They are included in the Teacher Directions or you may email me at [email protected]]
Reasons why I LOVE using Escape Challenges with my students:
- They are academically rigorous and challenging
- They are an engaging way to review content skills and/or strategies
- They reinforce social skills, such as teamwork, collaboration, respect
- Students learn to manage time appropriately and focus under pressure
- They gamify learning in a meaningful way
- They encourage independence and risk taking
- They require students to problem solve and think critically
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or DM me on instagram @thecollaborativeclass!
Be sure to follow my:
Copyright © Michele Giannattasio – The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.