Get your students excited about learning with this Halloween Haunted House Escape Room Challenge! Throughout the activity, students work to make inferences to solve puzzles and find clues in order to escape from a haunted house. Each unique puzzle allows students to practice the important skill of inferring in the most engaging way!
This escape room is perfect for in-person, hybrid, or virtual learning as it includes both a printable PDF AND digital version.
Digital Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Form that houses the following:
- Escape Challenge Problem Prompt
- Links to 5 ELA Challenge Tasks/Puzzles on Google Slides with moveable parts
- Completion Certificate
Printable PDF Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Escape Challenge Prompt
- 5 Challenge Puzzles (Color & B/W)
- Hint Cards
- Completion Certificates (for groups or individuals)
- Answer Key
[IMPORTANT NOTE: Some districts block students from accessing links from outside users. If this is the case at your school, your students will likely receive a permissions error from Google Drive when trying to access the escape room challenges. Please check students’ settings before purchasing. If this is the case, I have a few possible trouble shooting options that may work. They are included in the Teacher Directions or you may email me at [email protected]]
Reasons why I LOVE using Escape Challenges with my students:
- Academically rigorous and challenging
- Engaging ways to review content skills and/or strategies
- Reinforce social skills, such as teamwork, collaboration, respect
- Strengthen time manage skills and the ability to focus under pressure
- Gamify learning in a meaningful way
- Encourage independence and risk taking
- Require students to problem solve and think critically
What Other Teachers Are Saying About This Resource:
- “My students LOVED this! They were engaged the entire time, which we all know is hard to maintain on Halloween. Thanks for the great resource!” – Kristen P
- “My students absolutely loved this and I loved how it didn’t take much prep from me at all. It was a great way to get them excited about learning and practice inferring, which can often be a challenge for some! After they finished, each group took a picture with the “We Escaped” signs and I emailed them to their parents. They loved it! Can’t wait to use this for years to come 🙂 Thank you!” – Nicole G
- “This escape challenge was so fun that I ended up purchasing the bundle!” – Especially in Elementary
This resources is also available in my TpT store. Click here to check it out.
Be sure to follow my:
Copyright © Michele Giannattasio – The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.