This March Madness Book Tournament is always a favorite activity that students LOVE year after year. It gets students truly excited about reading and discussing their favorite books.
There are two parts to this resource:
Part 1: Students nominate books, vote on book matchups, and watch how the books perform in the tournament
Part 2: Students create their own book tournament brackets as a way to have a friendly competition with their classmates and teachers/administrators!
What’s Included in This Resource:
- Explicit instructions explaining how to set up the tournament in your classroom
- Printables for the “March Madness Book Tournament” bulletin board letters & link to create digital bulletin board
- Book nomination forms (printable & digital)
- Book preview forms (Students write and share a little bit about what the books are about. Therefore, if some students have not read all the books, they are still able to have some knowledge of the texts before they vote and create their brackets.) – printable & digital
- Tournament brackets (blank PDF, editable PDF, & digital forms included)
- Google Suite links to pre-made forms and sheets for easy tracking of voting and scoring.
Please download the preview to see a closer look at some things that are included! 🙂
You May Also Be Interested In:
- St. Patrick’s Day Escape Room | ELA Escape Room | Distance Learning
- St. Patrick’s Day ELA Activities Bundle
- St. Patrick’s Day Color By Number: ELA Activities
- St. Patrick’s Day Writing Center Activity: Roll & Write
- ELA Escape Room: Holiday Bundle with St. Patrick’s Day | Distance Learning
- March Morning Meeting Prompts | Discussion & Writing | Distance Learning
- STEAM Activities | March Make It Challenges | Distance Learning
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © 2020 The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.