This St. Patrick’s Day ELA escape room challenge is the perfect way to engage your students during the month of March, while still teaching the standards!
This escape room is perfect for in-person, hybrid, or virtual learning as it includes both a printable PDF AND digital version.
Throughout the activity, students work collaboratively with partners or in groups to solve reading and language arts related challenges and find clues in order to create a trap for a mischievous leprechaun!
Featured ELA Focus & Skills (Included, But Not Limited To):
- Author’s Purpose
- Fiction & Nonfiction Reading Comprehension
- Multi-Part Questions
- Main Idea & Details
- Context Clues & Vocabulary Work
Digital Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Answer Key
- Link to Google Form that houses the following:
- Escape Challenge Problem Prompt
- Links to 5 ELA Challenge Tasks/Puzzles on Google Slides with moveable parts
- Completion Certificate
Printable PDF Version Includes:
- Teacher guide
- Escape Challenge Prompt
- 5 Challenge Puzzles (Color & B/W)
- Hint Cards
- Completion Certificates (for groups or individuals)
- Answer Key
Please download the preview to see a closer look at what’s included! 🙂
Reasons why I LOVE using Escape Challenges with my students:
- They are academically rigorous and challenging
- They are an engaging way to review content skills and/or strategies
- They reinforce social skills, such as teamwork, collaboration, respect
- Students learn to manage time appropriately and focus under pressure
- They gamify learning in a meaningful way
- They encourage independence and risk taking
- They require students to problem solve and think critically
Check out these related products you and your students will love!
- ELA Escape Room: Holiday Bundle with St. Patrick’s Day | Distance Learning
- ELA Escape Room | Save the Zoo | Distance Learning
- Easter Escape Room | ELA Escape Room | Distance Learning
- End of Year ELA Review Escape Room | Distance Learning
- Seasonal Escape Room Bundle | ELA Escape Rooms | Distance Learning
- March Madness Book Tournament Activities for Students
- March Morning Meeting Prompts | Discussion & Writing | Distance Learning
- STEAM Activities | March Make It Challenges | Distance Learning
- St. Patrick’s Day Color By Number: ELA Activities
- St. Patrick’s Day Writing Center Activity: Roll & Write
- St. Patrick’s Day ELA Activities Bundle
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. _______________________________________________
Copyright © 2020 The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.