Make practicing reading skills, such as Cause and Effect, accessible to ALL students, regardless of their reading abilities or levels by using photos to teach the skills.
This resource is perfect for any reader, especially struggling readers, to practice specific reading skills without trying to navigate a challenging text at the same time.
Students can use the photographs to practice the skills and then later apply what they’ve learned when reading a text.
Why Use Photos to Teach Literacy Skills? Photos Help Students:
- Increase engagement, especially for reluctant readers and writers
- Make connections with other cultures and communities
- Build background knowledge on various topics
- Improve their critical thinking and analyzing skills
- Focus on working through reading and writing skills, rather than getting stuck on comprehending the text
30 Different Photos to Practice Cause & Effect with 3 different types of Cause & Effect Graphic Organizers
- Digital Display Photos to discuss whole class or in small group
- Digital Student Interactive Slides
- Printable Version in Color
- Printable Version in Black & White
- Answer Keys
HOW & WHEN TO USE:
- Morning Work
- ELA Centers
- Small Group Instruction
- Early Finishers Work
- Add to a Substitute Binder
- Daily or weekly practice or review
- Test prep
- End of the Year Review
- Distance Learning
Check out these other products you may also love!
- Digital Reading Response Journals Bundle | Distance Learning
- Main Idea Maze Activities | Google Classroom | Distance Learning
- ELA Maze Activities | Growing Bundle | Distance Learning
- ELA Escape Room | Save the Zoo | Distance Learning
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © Michele Giannattasio – The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.