This Thanksgiving narrative writing activity is the perfect way to get your students excited about Thanksgiving while practicing their narrative writing skills.
Students read the beginning of a story about a family visiting the Thanksgiving Day Parade on a very windy day. A balloon gets loose and students use their imaginations and writing skills to finish the story!
- Teacher Guide
- Thanksgiving Story Beginning PDF Version
- Thanksgiving Story Beginning Digital Google Slides Version
- Morning work/bell ringers
- Early finishers
- ELA or writing centers
- Substitute plans
- Halloween party
Check out these other resources you may also love:
- All Thanksgiving Activities
- All Digital Activities
- ELA Escape Room: Holiday Bundle | Distance Learning
- Thanksgiving ELA Escape Room – Save the Turkey | Distance Learning
- Roll & Write: Thanksgiving Narrative & Informational Writing Activities
- November Discussion & Writing Prompts
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © Michele Giannattasio – The Collaborative Class
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.